Beautiful, easy to grow, warm-season grass, so versatile it will grow almost anywhere. Lovely planted in large sweeps mixed with native wildflowers like milkweed, black-eyed Susan and iron weed. In autumn, the grass turns a warm reddish-brown color and looks incredible in the snow. Birds will visit in the fall to eat the seed. In winter, they will provide cover and nesting material for all kinds of wildlife. You may cut them back in spring but that is all the maintenance they’ll ever need.
- Beautiful, upright, warm-season grass worthy of greater garden use
- Very versatile, use in water-wise landscapes or rain gardens
- Birds eat the seed, foliage provides cover and nesting material for other wildlife
- Plant with native perennials like milkweed, black-eyed Susan and ironweed
- Low maintenance, needs no special attention